The comprehensive preparatory period of the Project was successfully completed within the first year of its operation. All work concerning the registration of the project and the implementation team, the recruitment of the main personnel, development of necessary rules and documents are completed and now the Project has entered its active implementation phase. The implementation of this project follows strict rules and guidelines provided by the donor, the German government through the KfW Development Bank, which had to be established and brought in line with established procedures in Ukraine.
The implementation phase now started with the announcement of the first quick start measures under which initial provisions of necessary goods and services for the targeted protected areas will be done. In parallel, the Project team works on larger tenders to purchase cars, motorbikes and other equipment for the target parks.
“We have achieved an important milestone of the Project, now it’s fully operational and soon we will be able to hand over the first investments to the target parks and provide benefits to the protected areas system in Ukraine” – emphasized the Project’s Team Leader Michael Brombacher.
At this stage, 5 quick start measures have been approved by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources (MENR) and the KfW Development Bank and were recently announced on the Project’s website:
- Supply of one 4WD field ranger car with medium level clearance and low consumption for Carpathian Biosphere Reserve.
- Provision of services for preparation and holding the 20th-anniversary conference event for the Gorgany Nature Reserve.
- Development of corporate design for the protected areas in Ukraine.
- Training of two Ukrainian state servants (MENR) and two Protected Areas staff at the European Parks Academy (2017).
- Provision of services for the execution of the design work of artesian will drilling and water intake within the territory of Gorgany State Nature Reserve (GNR).
Additional quick start measures and tenders will be announced regularly, please follow the updates: http://snpa.in.ua/english-tendery/.