The SNPA-Project is looking for an assistant to be responsible for organizing and implementing but also overlooking all administrative activities of the project including (but not limited) to the following:
• Co-support and overlook all day-to-day administrative and technical tasks of the
project and the project office
• Contribute to the overall and daily operation and management of the office and the
• Provide technical support towards the implementation of project activities but also
throughout the development of project reports
• Facilitate the cooperation with the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources (MENR)
but also the focal points of the eight target protected areas of the project.
• Support with the preparation and translation of reports and project related documents
from English – Ukrainian and vice versa (dominant task).
• Provide logistical support transportation, accommodation, translation,
communication to the expert missions.
• Interpretation English – Ukrainian and vice versa during meetings and workshops.
• Runs the official correspondence of the project and PIU mainly in in-country/local
• Organisational support for workshops, i.e. calculation of costs, booking, list of participants etc., and study tours if in the region
All candidates for the position must provide evidence of the following:
Education, knowledge and experience:
• Master degree in either conservation, geography, business administration, economy,
linguistics, logistics, other or a nature conservation related field will be considered as
an asset, preferably partly international education
• More than three years working experience in the fields of office administration, project
administration or related fields
• Preferably international project experience
• Experience in arranging travel arrangements on national and international level
• Experience in organizing events, workshops and conferences
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills in Ukrainian and English
• Experience with using MS Office Software tools
• Good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability and interest to work across multiple cultures with tact and diplomacy
• Interest in and passion for conservation
How to apply
We invite eligible candidates to express their interest by submitting the following materials to
prove their qualifications to respond to the objectives of this role.
• A cover letter where the applicant shall describe his / her motivation to apply for this
• A CV with a photo
• List of three reference/referee contacts
Expression of interest should be submitted, in English only, electronically in one combined
pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is 12th October 2018. A shortlist of qualified candidates will be formally invited
to an interview on 22nd -26th October 2018 (preliminary dates).
Vacancy details can be found here: http://bit.ly/SNPAjob.