As part of the implementation of the first phase of the project “GIS and IT services for the development of the cadastral system of protected areas in Ukraine”, a digital archive of documentation on pilot protected areas and its metadata were developed. The archive and metadata were submitted to the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources.
The archive covers 115 pilot protected areas, has a volume of 7.4 GB and contains 970 documents, including the designation decisions, regulations on the objects, preservation orders, projects of creation, cartographic materials, and other documents.
Thank you to the experts who help collect the source materials and verify the results:
- Dmytro Tomenchuk (Deputy Head of the Department of Environmental Management and Development of Protected Areas, Department of Ecology and Natural Resources, Zakarpats’ka Regional State Administration)
- Tetiana Mykhailychenko (Deputy Head of Department, Department of Environmental Protection and Nature Management, Kharkivs’ka Regional State Administration)
- Yurii Tiukh (deputy director for scientific work, National Nature Park Synevyr)
- Ihor Rosokha (National Nature Park Synevyr)
- Yurii Berkela (Head of Research and International Cooperation, Carpathian Biosphere Reserve)
- Vasyl Pokynchereda (Deputy Head of Research and International Cooperation Department, Carpathian Biosphere Reserve)
The collection of documentation and preparation of a structured digital archive for the other protected areas continues.
As a part of the project, boundaries of missing objects are added to the protected areas layer on the Public Cadastral Map (PCM) and boundaries of available objects are clarified. If you have cartographic or other auxiliary materials for the protected areas, which are missing or incorrectly reflected in the protected areas layer on the PCM – please use the feedback form https://tinyurl.com/pzf-pkk