On October 21-22 in Lviv, representatives of the project’s target areas gained communication skills to build the institution’s brand and communicate better with the target audiences.
Within two days, 30 participants learned:
- Why communications and branding are important
- How to identify target audiences and key messages for each
- How to make an effective presentation: PowerPoint tools and speaking part
- Identified the strengths of the territories
- How to use a new design for protected areas: created a cover for the event on Facebook and presentation template for the institution
- Made presentations of the territory using the knowledge gained
An international communication expert was invited to the training to share the experience with the participants.
“Communication is more than words. Everything you do – or don’t do – communicates a message to your audience. And every person within the organization is a communicator. Typically, nonprofits have two main goals for their communications: raising awareness – be it with stakeholders or politicians and raising funds”, highlighted Dagmar Andres-Brümmer, Head of Communications Director at Frankfurt Zoological Society.
Participants of the training received a brandbook with templates for business cards, letters, promotional products, etc., using them they can easily develop a design in a single style of protected areas in Ukraine. The corporate design of protected areas of Ukraine, which was developed within the implementation of the so-called Quick Start Measure and approved by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, will be officially presented soon.
Communication training was carried out within the framework of the project “Support to nature protected areas in Ukraine”, namely the component “Capacity building and training of PAs personnel”.